Monday, March 12, 2012
Spring activities
Ah March 12th and I proclaim no more snow even though we know this is Illinois and anything's possible. So what's everyone's plans for 2012? I generally don't look to far ahead therefore no disappointments arise, well usually. Spring training has arrived and it's 150 years or so but who's counting since the Cubbies last won a World Series or for that matter anything. March madness is now here and getting ready to begin. Should be exciting albeit no Illinois or Arkansas, bummers. I'm looking forward to umpiring and getting out a bit more often. This is my 4th year of umpiring through I.H.S.A. and I've met some wonderful people along the way. This year I'll be heading to Onarga and Monticello where I've never umpired but figures to be a positive experience regardless. This is also a good time to get the garden tilled and ready, home improvements and such. Limiting in an apartment kind of limits me there but never shying away from being the optimist hey why not. NASCAR if you like that I hear is gaining popularity. Sorry like watching cats chase there tail but that's just me. Gas prices may keep a lot of us from going to far but there's always the forest preserves to get away. Cookouts and getting friends together is what I'll enjoy the most since I'm not really able to get away to far due to my job. No complaints though. Getting out of debt will open more doors for my wife and I as we move forward and for that I'm grateful. Here's hoping a safe and happy Spring/Summer season brings happy surprises and many a laugh's to all and that everyone stays safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment