Saturday, May 7, 2011
Nag,Nag,Nag...Get over it!!
I think the title line is meant for me but let me state my case 1st. As most of you know I now have a night time job so therefore I have plenty of time to eat,(no complaints) and listen to the radio..again no complaints..ahh but not so fast. Have you ever talked to someone about a particular topic and they left you scratching your head and wondering just what they said? This is the case as I listen to the new 93.5,95.3 the New Radio station nightly that has ESPN commentary and a great Host whom I like in Jason Smith. Where I'm perplexed is the range of discussion about the different sports,well actually the 3 major sports. I think you know where I'm going with this don't you? I'm a Huge Hockey fan and Love my Boston Bruins,an original 6 franchise. It's as if Hockey doesn't exist. I've gotta tell ya this year in particular has seen most of the playoff series going 7 games with bone crunching hit's,snipers on the loose for 1 timers and of course dynamic Goaltending. The only thing I can figure is ever since that lockout for the NHL which cost's them the ESPN contract the network has pretty much washed there hands of the whole situation. Now granted I'm not a Golf fan,Soccer fan,Racing fan and so on and to that I say,each to his or her own. My Bruins made history last year for all the wrong reasons last year when they were up 3-0 in the 2nd round of the playoffs against the Flyers and 3-0 in Game 7,,,needless to say all that wasn't just a bad dream..they never recovered and will forever be associated with choking and dare I dare making history. Fast forward a year with exactly the same circumstances and the Bruins would redeem themselves in a big way. They are 1 series away from returning to playing in the Lord Stanley Cup Finals. Tampa Bay is the only thing standing in there way. How about Chicago falling behind Vancouver 3 games to none and coming back to force a game 7 before bowing out? Chicago knocked out Vancouver the last 2 years so payback you might say. Your going to tell me these 2 stories alone aren't worth sharing on the airwaves? Intrigue,fast paced,Action from end to end is what the NHL is all about. It's a travesty there's not more coverage of this great sport..(Me Speaking obviousely). Try watching sometime and see if you don't think it's entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment